Fish Taco Bowls
- 2 tilapia filets, about 3/4 of a pound
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 quarts frying oil
- 8 flour taco boats or tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Cut the tilapia into 1 inch wide strips.
2. In a shallow dish combine the cornmeal, chili powder, salt and pepper.
3. Put the flour into another shallow dish.
4. Put the egg into another shallow dish.
5. Coat a strip of the fish in flour then dip it in the egg and then coat with the cornmeal mixture.
6. Repeat with remaining fish.
7. In a large bowl combine the red cabbage, carrot, scallions, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, rice vinegar, honey, garlic and olive oil.
8. Heat the frying oil in the COPPER CHEF PAN to 375 degrees.
9. Place 4-5 of the coated fish strips into the COPPER CHEF fry basket and submerge in the heated oil.
10. Fry the strips for about 2 minutes until browned and cooked thru.
11. Repeat with remaining fish.
12. Place some of the slaw into one of the taco boats.