Eric’s Tip: For a twist on this recipe, substitute canned tomatillos for the enchilada sauce to make it “Verde style.”
Chicken Enchilada and Corn Bread Pot Pie
- 1 cup dry pinto beans
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, large diced and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (10 oz.) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (8.5 oz.) boxed corn mu n mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 oz. milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream for serving
1. Place inner pot in cooker.
2. Add beans and cover with an inch of water.
3. Place the lid on the cooker, lock the lid and switch the pressure valve to CLOSED.
4. Press the BEANS/LENTILS button (or high pressure 5 min).
5. When the timer reaches 0, press the cancel/warm button (or o /cxl).
6. Let the pressure in the cooker release naturally without opening pressure valve.
7. When pressure has dropped, remove lid.
8. Drain beans and set aside.
9. Place inner pot in cooker.
10. Add oil.
11. Press SOUP/STEW button then the time adjustment button to reach 15 min. (15 minutes high pressure).
12. When the oil is hot, in 2 batches, brown the diced chicken.
13. Remove chicken, set aside.
14. Add garlic, onions and peppers.
15. Sauté for 3 minutes.
16. Add the chicken, corn, enchilada sauce, and stock. Stir well.
17. In a small bowl combine the corn mu n mix, egg, milk and cheddar cheese.
18. Spoon corn mu n mix over surface of chicken and bean mixture.
19. Top with Monterey Jack cheese.
20. Place the lid on the cooker, lock the lid and switch the pressure valve to CLOSED.
21. When the timer reaches 0, switch the pressure valve to OPEN.
22. When the steam is completely released, open the lid.
23. Serve with sour cream.