Air Fryer Avocado Fries
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 6 minutes Serves: 4
Ingredients 2 Hass avocados, peeled and pitted. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper, onion powder 2 large eggs 1 tablespoon water 1 cup panko breadcrumbs Olive oil spray CILANTRO-LIME AIOLI 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped Juice of 1/2 lime 1/2 teaspoon lime zest 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. Slice avocadoes into thick wedges, lengthwise.
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, and onion powder. In a separate dish whisk eggs with water and an additional pinch of the three spices (for the best flavor). Add the panko breadcrumbs to a third dish.
3. Bread the sliced avocados by tossing in the flour, then dipping in the egg, then pressing into the panko on all sides. Continue until all are breaded.
4. Spray the breaded avocado slices with olive oil spray on both sides.
5. Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F for 3 minutes.
6. Arrange the breaded avocado slices in a single layer at the bottom of the preheated air fryer (you may have to make 2 batches). Cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until crispy. Lightly season with salt immediately after cooking.
7. Make a Cilantro-Lime Aioli for dipping by whisking together mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.