Apple Crumb Pie
4 pre-prepared pie crusts, cut in half
5 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored & sliced
5 red apples, peeled, cored & sliced
1 1⁄2 cups diced prunes
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1⁄4 tsp. nutmeg
juice of 1⁄2 lemon
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1⁄2 sticks butter, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Place the pie crusts on the bottom and halfway up the sides of the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan.
3. Combine the apples, prunes, cinnamon, sugar, flour, nutmeg, and lemon juice in a bowl and toss.
4. Pour on top of the pie crust.
5. Combine the crumb topping ingredients in a separate small bowl and mix.
6. Pour the crumb topping on the pie.
7. Place the Roaster Pan in the oven and bake at 350° F/175° C until the apples are tender (about 1 1⁄2 hrs.).
8. Let cool before cutting.
Eric’s Tip: For a different twist, I’ll sometimes use pears and dried apricots.