Asparagus, Bacon and Spinach
2 tbsp. olive oil
1⁄2 lb. bacon, diced
1 lb. asparagus, cut into thirds
1 tsp. ginger, fresh, peeled and minced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
4 cups baby spinach, fresh
1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. lemon zest
- Place the Copper Chef on medium heat. Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and drain the oil.
- Add the olive oil to the Copper Chef. Sear the asparagus until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the spinach. Stir ingredients, then reduce the heat and cover with the lid. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove the lid. Add everything back into the Copper Chef.
- Season with sea salt and lemon zest. Toss and serve.
Eric’s Tip: If you like a little heat, this is great with about 1⁄4-1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes added at the last step.