Au Gratin Potatoes
2 white onions, sliced
1⁄2 stick butter
8 medium-sized Yukon
potatoes (about 2 lb),
1 qt. heavy cream
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 sprig rosemary, chopped, plus more for garnish
8 slices Swiss cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Place the onions and the butter in the Wonder Cooker’s Grill Pan, place on the stove top, and sweat the onions over low heat for about 10 mins. Using a mandolin, slice the potatoes into 1/8 -in. rounds.
4. Whisk together the cream, mustard, salt, ground black pepper, and rosemary in a bowl to make the cream mixture.
5. Shingle half the potatoes over the onions.
6. Place 6 Swiss cheese slices over the potatoes.
7. Shingle the remaining potatoes over the cheese.
8. Carefully pour the cream mixture over the top layer of potatoes.
9. Slice the remaining Swiss cheese into squares and scatter evenly over the top.
10. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
11. Bake in the oven at 350°F until golden brown (about 45 mins.).