Au Gratin Potatoes
4 lb. red potatoes, sliced thin
2 onions, chopped
4 tbsp. butter
1 qt. heavy cream
3⁄4 lb. Swiss cheese, diced
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 sprig rosemary, chopped
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350o F.
- Place the Copper Chef on low heat. Melt the butter. Sweat the onions for about 5 minutes. Remove half and set aside.
- Remove from the heat and layer the potatoes, onions, Swiss and Parmesan cheeses. Save one layer of both cheeses for the top.
- Pour the cream over the potatoes. Add rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Top with both cheeses and place in the oven.
- Cook at 350o F for 2 – 2.5 hours or until nicely browned on top.
Eric’s Tip: Transform this traditional recipe into Loaded Baked Potato Gratin: use cheddar instead of Swiss, then top with crispy bacon crumbles and chives!