Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Serves: 9
Ingredients Nonstick cooking spray 1 Hass avocado, peeled and pitted 1/3 cup light agave nectar (may use honey or maple syrup) 1/2 packed cup light brown sugar 2 large eggs 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2/3 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, process avocado, agave nectar, brown sugar, eggs, and vegetable oil just until smooth.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until all is combined into a batter.
5. Fold most of the chocolate chips and walnuts into the batter, reserving a few to garnish the top.
6. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips and walnuts, pressing them down into the batter.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes, just until the top is set but not firm. Let cool at least 15 minutes before slicing to serve.