Bacon & Onion Ring Stuffed Grilled Cheese
1⁄2 small white onion, cut into 1⁄4 inch rings
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 slices hearty white bread
1 tbsp. butter, softened
4 slices cheddar cheese
3 slices bacon, cooked
1. Make the onion rings: dip onion slices into milk. Toss in flour. Shake off any excess flour and return to the milk.
2. Remove onion rings from the milk. Toss in breadcrumbs to coat.
3. Lay onion rings on a flat surface. Spray with vegetable oil.
4. Preheat the AirFryer to 400o F for 2 minutes.
5. Place breaded rings into the Fry Basket. Cook for 8 minutes. Shake the Fry Basket occasionally for even cooking.
6. Assemble the sandwich: butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice, buttered side down, into the Fry Basket. Top with 2 slices cheddar cheese, cooked onion rings, bacon, and remaining 2 slices cheddar cheese. Finish with second slice of bread, buttered side up.
7. Cook for 8 minutes at 400o F. Flip halfway through cooking.
8. Cut sandwich in half carefully before serving.