Bang Bang Chicken
1⁄2 cup milk
1⁄2 cup cornstarch
1⁄4 cup flour
1 large egg
1 tbsp. hot sauce
1 tsp. sea salt
2 chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
2 qt. canola oil
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 scallions, chopped
1⁄2 tsp. ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 tbsp. red curry powder
1 cup coconut milk
1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat, then fill halfway with canola oil. Heat the oil to 365o F. Place the fry basket into the oil carefully.
- In a bowl, mix together milk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, and sea salt.
- Dip the chicken into the batter, then into a bowl of panko breadcrumbs, and next into the oil.
- In batches, cook until lightly golden, about 4-5 minutes. Never overfill the basket.
For the sauce:
- Place the clean Copper Chef on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Sauté the scallions, ginger, and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 4-5 minutes. Lower the heat and reduce the sauce by about a third.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken before serving.
Eric’s Tip: I love these in lettuce wraps with some fresh julienned vegetables.