Bleu Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
30 medium mushrooms, stems and caps separated; stems chopped
4 tbsp. butter
1 shallot, peeled and minced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 onion, peeled and minced
1⁄2 red pepper, seeded and diced small
1 sprig thyme, leaves removed and chopped
11⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
1⁄2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400o F.
- Chop the mushrooms stems in a food processor.
- Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat. Add the butter and sweat the shallot, garlic, onion, and red pepper with the chopped mushroom stems.
- Add the thyme, breadcrumbs, and bleu cheese. Remove from heat and mix well.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the filling. Put into a cleaned Copper Chef and place into the oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.