Braised Beef Grilled Cheese
1 tbsp. butter
1⁄2 red onion, peeled & sliced
2 tbsp. beef stock
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. margarine
2 slices crusty white bread
4 slices Monterey jack cheese
1⁄2 cup braised beef, shredded
1⁄2 cup arugula
vegetable oil, spray
1. In a small skillet on medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and begins to brown, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Add sugar and vinegar. Reduce until about half of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Add the beef stock. Reduce until 1-2 tablespoons of liquid remain.
4. Toss in the shredded beef. Warm through. Set aside.
5. Set time and temperature to 10 minutes at 360o F.
6. Assemble the sandwich: spread the margarine on one side of each slice of bread.
7. Place 2 slices of cheese on the plain side of each slice of bread. Top one slice with beef and onion mixture. Follow with arugula. Top with remaining slice of bread, plain side down.
8. Place assembled sandwich carefully into the Fry Basket. Cook for remaining 8 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking.
9. Serve warm with your favorite soup or side.