1 lb thick bacon, cut into 1-in. strips
2 onions, sliced thinly
5 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1⁄4-in. pieces
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 12-oz bottle lager beer
6 tbsp. sour cream
1 cup chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F/190° C.
2. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top.
Cook the bacon in the Roaster Pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove and reserve the bacon.
3. Cook the onions in the Roaster Pan over medium heat until soft (3–5 mins.). Remove and reserve the onions.
4. Remove the Roaster Pan from the heat. Layer one quarter of the potatoes in the Roaster Pan followed by one quarter of the cheddar cheese, onion, bacon, salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
5. Repeat the layering process three times.
6. Pour the beer over the casserole.
7. Cover the Roaster Pan with its Glass Lid, transfer to the oven, and bake at 375° F/190° C until tender (about 2 hrs.).
8. Top with the sour cream and chives.
Eric’s Tip: These filling potatoes can stand up to a delicious smoked brisket or grilled steak to complete your meal.