Caprese Baked Eggs
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 2
Ingredients Nonstick cooking spray 1 cup marinara sauce 4 large eggs 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1 cup multicolored cherry tomatoes Salt and pepper 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves Balsamic glaze
1. Spray a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Spread the marinara sauce at the bottom of the skillet and then use a spoon to create 4 wells in the sauce.
3. Crack an egg into each of the 4 wells.
4. Arrange the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes around the eggs. Lightly season all with salt and pepper.
5. Bake 13-15 minutes, just until the whites of the eggs have set.
6. Top with basil leaves and drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.