Carne Asada & Pico de Gallo
1 skirt steak, about 8 oz.
5 cloves garlic
3 tbsp. cilantro
1⁄2 jalapeño, seeds removed
zest and juice of 2 limes
zest and juice of 1⁄2 orange
1⁄2 cup olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder
1⁄2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
6 taco-sized soft tortillas lime wedges, optional
Pico De Gallo
2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded & diced small
1⁄4 cup red onion, diced small
1 jalapeño, seeded & minced
1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Combine garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice and zest, orange juice and zest, oil, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper into a blender. Pulse to combine well.
2. Pour marinade over the steak. Refrigerate 3 hours to overnight.
3. Scroll to the Steak Icon. Set time and temperature to 12 minutes at 400o F. Allow the AirFryer to preheat for 2 minutes.
4. Remove the steak from the marinade. Place inside the Fry Basket. Pour marinade over the steak.
5. Cook for remaining 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip steak & pour more marinade over the top.
6. Make pico de gallo: mix together diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño peppers, chili powder, lime juice, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Allow cooked steak to rest on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
8. Serve steak with warm tortillas, pico de gallo, and optional lime wedges.
Eric’s Tip: This is a wonderful dish to serve for a party. Slice the steak & present to your guests on a platter with warm tortillas and pico de gallo on the side. Add a little guacamole as well. Everyone can dig right in!