Cauliflower Mash Shepard’s Pie
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Serves: 6
Ingredients Nonstick cooking spray 2 (14 to 16-ounce) bags frozen cauliflower florets, thawed and drained 3 large eggs 4 ounces cream cheese 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon onion powder 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme 3/4 cup diced yellow onion 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots 1 cup beef stock 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon corn starch Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, process cauliflower, eggs, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese, salt, and onion powder until it is a smooth cauliflower mash.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add ground beef and thyme and cook until browned.
4. Stir in onion and frozen peas and carrots and sauté 4 minutes or until onion is translucent. Drain excess grease. Reduce heat to medium.
5. Whisk together beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, and corn starch and stir into the ground beef mixture. Bring up to a simmer and let cook 2 minutes. Generously season with salt and pepper to taste.