12 chicken thighs
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 lb button mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup red wine
1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
2 tbsp. tomato paste
2 14-oz cans fire-roasted tomatoes
1 tbsp. oregano
1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
10 basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Season the chicken thighs with the salt and ground black pepper.
3. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Heat
the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown both sides of the chicken. Remove from the Roaster Pan.
4. Sauté the onion and green and red bell pepper in the Roaster Pan for 5 mins.
5. Add the mushrooms, garlic, wine, vermouth, tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano, tomato sauce, and basil.
6. Return the chicken to the Roaster Pan, transfer to the oven, and cook at 350° F/175° C for 1 1⁄2 hrs.
Eric’s Tip: This dish deserves nothing less than to be served over fresh fettuccini. The rich sauce will get soaked up by the pasta.