Chicken Cordon Bleu
8 boneless chicken breasts, cut thinly
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
8 slices prosciutto
8 slices Gruyère cheese
1 cup flour
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups breadcrumbs
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F/190° C.
2. Pound the chicken breasts thin and then season with the salt and ground black pepper. Place the prosciutto and Gruyère cheese in the center of each cutlet and then roll and secure with toothpicks.
3. Pour the flour into a pan.
4. Add the beaten eggs to a second pan.
5. Place the breadcrumbs in a third pan.
6. Dip each stuffed breast into the flour, then the egg, and finally the breadcrumbs.
7. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Grill Pan on the stove top. Lightly coat the bottom of the Grill Pan with the olive oil. Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
8. Fry the chicken rolls until golden all over.
9. Place the Grill Pan in the oven and bake at 375° F/190° C until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165° F/75° C (20–25 mins.).
Eric’s Tip: Serve these crispy delights over some sautéed garlicky greens!