Chicken Fillet Sandwich
1 chicken breast, split in half & pounded to about 1⁄4 inch thick
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup flour
1⁄4 cup milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil, spray
2 slices tomato
2 slices cheddar cheese
2 lettuce leaves
2 slices red onion
2 sandwich buns
pickle slices, optional
chipotle mayonnaise, optional
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk together egg and milk.
3. Toss chicken in flour to coat. Shake off any excess.
4. Dip chicken into the egg mixture. Allow any excess to drip off.
5. Coat chicken in breadcrumbs.
6. Preheat the AirFryer to 400o F for 2 minutes.
7. Place breaded chicken carefully into the Fry Basket. Spray or brush top with vegetable oil.
8. Set time and temperature to 10 minutes at 400o F. Flip halfway through. Spray or brush top with oil.
9. Reduce temperature to 350o F. Top chicken with cheddar cheese. Use toothpicks to secure cheese.
10. Serve on toasted sandwich buns topped with lettuce, tomato, red onion and optional chipotle mayonnaise. Pickles are great on the side or you can put them right into the sandwich!
Eric’s Tip: Transform into an easy chicken Parmesan sandwich. Instead of cheddar, top with marinara sauce and lots of mozzarella cheese. Serve on a toasted ciabatta roll. Mangia!!