Chicken-Fried Cauliflower Steak
1 large cauliflower head
1 cup flour
1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1⁄2 tbsp. onion powder
1⁄2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. paprika
2 large eggs
1⁄4 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp. water
olive oil spray
1⁄2 stick butter, melted
1⁄4 onion, diced small
1 clove garlic, minced
6 white mushrooms, chopped
1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1. Cut the cauliflower into 3⁄4-in. steaks.
2. Place the cauliflower on two Air Flow Racks. Place the Racks on the lower and middle shelves of the Power AirFryer Oven.
3. Press the Power Button and then the Baking Button (350° F) and decrease the cooking time to 10 mins.
4. Let the cauliflower cool for 10 mins.
5. Combine the flour mixture ingredients in a bowl.
6. Combine the egg mixture ingredients in a separate bowl.
7. Dredge the cauliflower in the egg mixture and then the flour mixture. Set the leftover flour mixture aside.
8. Place the cauliflower on a Rack. Spray the cauliflower with the olive oil. Place the Rack on the middle shelf of the Power AirFryer Oven.
9. Press the Power Button and then the French Fries Button (400° F) and decrease the cooking time to 10 mins.
10. Melt the butter and sauté the onions, garlic, and mushrooms in a sauté pan over medium heat until they are tender.
11. Add 3 tbsp. flour mixture to the sauté pan and stir the mixture until the flour is absorbed.
12. Add the sauce ingredients to the sauté pan and stir the pan until creamy. Cook until the desired thickness is reached.
13. Add the cauliflower to the sauce.
Eric’s Tip: I love to treat this recipe like a breaded chicken cutlet and top it with marinara and mozzarella for an awesome Parmesan-style sandwich.