Chicken Fried Steak & Country Gravy
4 eye of round steaks, about 1 lb., pounded thin
1 cup flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1⁄2 cup milk
vegetable oil or cooking spray
2 tbsp. butter
1 shallot, minced
2 tbsp. flour
1 cup milk
1⁄2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp. heavy cream
1 tbsp. black pepper
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1 dash hot sauce
1. Combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powders in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
3. Dredge steaks in seasoned flour. Shake off excess.
4. Dip in egg mixture. Allow excess to drip off.
5. Return to the seasoned flour. Spray both sides of the coated steaks with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
6. Preheat the AirFryer to 400o F for 2 minutes.
7. Place steaks in the Fry Basket. Cook at 400o F for 10 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking.
8. Make the gravy: in a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add shallot. Cook for about 3 minutes until shallot is translucent.
9. Add flour. Stir. Cook for another minute. Whisk in milk and chicken broth.
10. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes.
11. Add heavy cream, salt, and black pepper.
12. Remove from heat. Add a dash of hot sauce, to taste.
13. Serve fried steaks with country gravy.