Chicken Milanese With Arugula and Fennel Salad
3 tbsp. olive oil
4 (6 oz.) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1⁄2 cup flour
3 eggs, beaten
11⁄2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
4 cups baby arugula
1 bulb of fennel, sliced paper thin
1 ripe tomato, diced
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 fresh lemon, halved
Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic film and pound to 1⁄4-inch thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. In another bowl, place seasoned breadcrumbs. In a third bowl, place flour.
- Dust chicken with flour, shaking off excess. Dip into beaten egg, then coat with seasoned breadcrumbs.
Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat with olive oil. Sauté chicken
in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and
- Hold in a 150o F oven on a baking rack until ready to plate.
- In a separate bowl, combine fennel, tomato, extra virgin olive oil, and vinegar. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Just before plating, toss fennel salad and arugula. Use as a bed for the warm chicken.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and lemon.
Eric’s Tip: Next time you go on a picnic, try this recipe instead of the usual cold fried chicken. After the chicken is cooked, place the chicken on a baking rack in a sheet tray. This way, it won’t get soggy while it cools.