3 tbsp. olive oil
21⁄2 lb. chicken breast, cubed
2 cups thinly sliced onions
1 large shallot, minced
3⁄4 cup canned tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp. Hungarian sweet paprika
1⁄2 tsp. Hungarian hot paprika or cayenne pepper
1 tsp. dried marjoram
1⁄2 tsp. dry thyme
salt and pepper
1⁄2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and brown chicken in small batches for 5-7 minutes each. Set aside.
- Add onions and shallot. Sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add sweet paprika, marjoram, thyme, and hot paprika.
- Return chicken to the pan. Add diced tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and parsley before serving
Eric’s Tip: The key to this dish is the sour cream, but if you would like a lighter version, Greek yogurt can be substituted.