SERVES 2 (Makes 8 Taquitos)
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1⁄4 cup sofrito cooking base
1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
1⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced, for step 1
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
8 corn tortillas
olive oil, to brush tortillas
1 (16 oz.) can refried black beans
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1⁄2 cup tomato, diced
1⁄4 cup sour cream, optional
1. In a bowl, combine shredded chicken, sofrito, pepper jack cheese, cilantro, 1⁄4 cup diced tomatoes, salt, and black pepper.
2. Wrap corn tortillas in a paper towel. Microwave on high until soft and pliable (about 1 minute).
3. Place 2-3 tbsp. chicken filling along the center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla around the filling. Secure with a toothpick.
4. Brush tortillas with olive oil on all sides.
5. Preheat the AirFryer to 380o F for 2 minutes.
6. Place 4 taquitos at a time into the Fry Basket.
7. Cook for 10 minutes. Rotate during cooking. Repeat until all taquitos are cooked.
8. Heat refried black beans for serving.
9. Serve taquitos over warm refried beans. Top with lettuce, tomato, and optional sour cream.
Eric’s Tip: Double this recipe & serve as an amazing party appetizer with sour cream and guacamole. If you can’t find sofrito in the Latin aisle, substitute with picante-style salsa.