Eric’s Tip: You always want to let cooked meat rest before slicing so the
juices redistribute back into the meat. If you cut it too soon, all the juice will
run out which will result in a dry chicken.
Chili Lime Spatchcock Chicken
- Chili Lime Spice
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 lb. whole chicken, backbone removed
1. Chili lime spice: in a bowl, combine all spice ingredients.
2. Arrange the chicken upside-down in a shallow pan. Season with spice mix.
3. Grill chicken on medium heat. Place the Grill Press on top of the chicken.
4. Baste with spice mix. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
5. Flip the chicken over. Bake in the oven until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
6. Allow chicken to rest for 15 minutes before serving.