Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
2 cups water
1 cup peanut butter
4 cups sugar
3 1⁄2 cups flour
1 1⁄2 cups cocoa
3 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups milk
4 tsp. vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Frosting
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1⁄4 sticks unsalted butter, softened & cut into cubes
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1⁄4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. heavy cream
2 cups peanut butter candy
chocolate syrup, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove top. Bring the water to a boil, add the peanut butter, and stir until dissolved.
3. Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
4. Whisk the eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract together in a separate small bowl. Gradually add to the large bowl until combined.
5. Add the dissolved peanut butter to the large bowl and mix until combined.
6. Pour the batter into the Roaster Pan. Place in the oven and bake at 350° F/175° C until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (about 45 mins.).
7. Combine the peanut butter and butter in a bowl using an electric mixer to begin making the peanut butter frosting.
8. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and then beat until light and fluffy.
9. Gradually beat in the cream.
10. When the cake is cooled, top with the peanut butter frosting, peanut butter candy, and chocolate syrup.
Eric’s Tip: Try using almond butter or chocolate hazelnut spread in the frosting instead of peanut butter.