2 ears corn, removed from cob
2 scallions, cleaned and chopped
1⁄4 green pepper, diced
1⁄4 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. sugar
1⁄2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. baking powder
1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 qt. canola oil
- Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat. Fill halfway with canola oil.
- Heat the oil to 365o F. Carefully place the fry basket into the Copper Chef.
- In a medium bowl, add the corn, scallions, peppers, egg, and milk. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Lower the fry basket into the oil. Spoon in the batter 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Cook until lightly golden. Remove and serve.
Eric’s Tip: I love turning up the heat by adding diced jalapeño to the batter, and then serving with Thai sweet chili sauce.