1⁄2 cup whole milk
2 tbsp. sugar
1⁄4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. butter
1⁄2 cup water
1 cup flour
1 1⁄2 cups vanilla pudding
1 cup chocolate sauce
1. Combine the milk, sugar, salt, butter, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Add the flour to the saucepan in a single addition and stir until the mixture forms a thick paste (about 3 mins.).
3. Place the hot dough into a stand mixer and mix the dough with a paddle until the dough stops steaming.
4. Add one egg at a time to the dough, allowing each egg to incorporate fully before adding the next.
5. Pipe the dough into 24 rounds using a large round tip onto two parchment paper-lined Air Flow Racks. Score the tops of the puffs with a fork. Place the Racks on the lower and middle shelves of the Power AirFryer Oven.
6. Press the Power Button and then the Baking Button (350° F) and increase the cooking time to 35 mins. Rotate the Racks after 20 mins. and continue cooking until the puffs are golden brown.
7. Let the puffs cool completely.
8. Poke a hole in the bottom of each puff with a Skewer.
9. Fill the puffs with the vanilla pudding.
10. Serve the puffs with the chocolate sauce.
Eric’s Tip: The classic French profiterole is a variation on this dish. To make the profiterole, substitute the pudding for vanilla ice cream and top the puffs with the warm chocolate sauce.