Creamy Chicken Quesadillas
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 2
Ingredients 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas 1 tablespoon melted butter or vegetable oil 4 ounces cream cheese, sliced 3/4 cup cooked chicken breast strips 1/2 cup canned red beans, drained well 2 tablespoons taco sauce 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar-jack cheese
1. Preheat an electric griddle, grill, or large skillet to medium-low heat.
2. Lay out both flour tortillas and brush one side with melted butter or vegetable oil.
3. Flip tortillas to the dry side and top 1/2 of each with an equal amount of the cream cheese.
4. Top the cream cheese on each tortilla with an equal amount of the chicken, beans, taco sauce, and then Cheddar-jack cheese.
5. Fold tortillas over and press down to secure ingredients. Carefully transfer to the hot griddle.
6. Let quesadillas cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes, before flipping and cooking an additional 3 minutes on the opposite side.