Crescent-Wrapped Bananas with Chocolate and Hazelnut
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 13 minutes Serves: 8
Ingredients 1 (8-ounce, 8-count) can crescent roll dough 1/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (Nutella) 2 bananas Unsweetened cocoa powder Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Split crescent roll dough into the 8 triangular pieces and lay out on the parchment paper.
3. Top each crescent roll (toward the thicker side of the triangle of dough) with 2 teaspoons of Nutella. A little goes a long way!
4. Peel and cut each banana into 4 pieces, about 2-inches in length. Place over top the Nutella on each crescent roll.
5. Roll the dough up and over the banana as you would typically roll a crescent roll. Fold edges over the banana and press down to better seal and prevent the Nutella from escaping.
6. Lightly sprinkle cocoa powder over the top of each roll.
7. Bake 10-13 minutes, just until golden brown. For darker sheet pans, you may need to flip them at around 9 minutes, just to ensure that the bottom doesn’t burn before the top has browned.
8.Serve dusted with plenty of powdered sugar.