Crispy Chicken Cutlets With Tomato, Lemon and Capers
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1/2 of a lemon
- 5 large plum tomatoes, seeded and medium diced
- 1/4 cup large capers, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 3 tbsp
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets, about 4 large
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
1. In a shallow dish combine the panko, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, granulated garlic, oregano, basil, parmesan and lemon zest. Set aside
2. In a medium sized bowl combine the tomatoes, capers, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper. Set aside.
3. Lightly season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
4. Place the flour in a shallow dish.
5. Place the eggs in another shallow dish.
6. Place dishes of flour, eggs and breadcrumb mixture next to each other to form a breading station.
7. Dredge a chicken cutlet into the flour, dip and cover it completely in the egg.
8. Dredge the egg coated chicken cutlet into the breadcrumb mixture, covering it completely. Set aside.
9. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
10. Preheat the POWER AIR FRYER XL on 400 degrees for 2 minutes.
11. Spray one side of the breaded chicken cutlets with cooking oil.
12. Place 2 of the chicken cutlets sprayed side down in the basket of the POWER AIR FRYER XL.
13. Spay the top of the cutlet with cooking oil.
14. Air fry the cutlets for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, flipping them half way thru.
15. Remove the finished chicken cutlets from the POWER AIR FRYER BASKET and place on a baking sheet in a warm oven to keep them hot.
16. Repeat air frying with remaining cutlets being sure not to crowd the basket.
17. Serve with the tomato, lemon and caper mixture.