Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwich with Garlic Slaw
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
8 chicken tenders (about 1 1⁄2 lb)
4 cups corn flakes, crushed finely
1⁄2 cup cabbage, shredded
1⁄4 cup carrots, grated
1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
4 brioche buns
1. Combine the seasoning ingredients in a bowl. Whisk the combined ingredients.
2. Add the chicken tenders to the seasoning and marinate the chicken for 1 hr.
3. Place the corn flakes in a separate bowl. Coat the chicken with the corn flakes.
4. Place the coated chicken on two Air Flow Racks. Place the Racks on the middle and upper shelves of the Power AirFryer Oven.
5. Press the Power Button (370° F for 15 mins.). Rotate the Racks halfway through the cooking time (7 1⁄2 mins.).
6. Combine the garlic slaw ingredients in a bowl and set the bowl aside.
7. Place two tenders on each brioche bun and top each burger with a quarter of the garlic slaw.
Eric’s Tip: In my opinion, slaw is the most underrated sandwich condiment. I love to experiment with different shredded vegetables, like broccoli stems and jicama, to add a different texture to my mix.