Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Serves: 2
Ingredients 2 (8-inch) lengths Cuban bread, sliced horizontally 1/4 cup mayonnaise 3 tablespoons yellow mustard 1/3 cup sliced dill pickles 8 thick slices deli ham 4 ounces thick sliced Swiss cheese 4 thick slices cooked pork (pulled pork also works well)
1. Preheat an electric griddle or grill to medium-low heat.
2. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and mustard before spreading on the top side of each length of bread.
3. Arrange pickles on the bottom half of each length of bread and top each with 4 slices of ham, then 2 ounces of sliced Swiss cheese, then 2 slices of cooked pork.
4. Place the top piece of bread over each sandwich and fully wrap each in aluminum foil.
5. Place sandwiches on the griddle and press down with a heavy baking dish to press them as they cook.
6. Let cook 5 minutes on each side, or just until cheese has melted. If the bread begins to overly brown, lower or turn off heat and leave the sandwiches wrapped in the foil until the cheese has steamed.
7. Slice each sandwich in half diagonally before serving.