Dulce De Leche French Toast Bake
1 PIECE 551 cal., 28g fat (11g sat. fat), 139mg chol., 434mg sod., 64g carb. (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g pro.
PREP 30 min. + chilling BAKE 40 min. SERVES 6
Ingredients 8 slices Texas toast 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese 1/3 cup dulce de leche 3 large eggs 1⁄2 cup2%milk 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream 3 Tbsp. sugar 11⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract TOPPING 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar 1⁄4 cup butter,cubed 1 Tbsp. corn syrup 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Slide the Pizza Rack onto Shelf Position 2. Place 4 slices of Texas toast on the Pizza Rack. Turn the Function Dial to Toast and set temperature to 300°. Toast until light brown. Repeat with remaining Texas Toast.
- Arrange half of the toast in a single layer in a greased 8-in. square baking pan that fits in the unit. Trimming to fit into a dish if necessary. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and dulce de leche; spread over toast. Top with remaining toast.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla; pour over toast. Refrigerate, covered overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans; spread over top.
- Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position 5. Place the baking pan on the Pizza Rack. Turn the Function Dial to Pizza/Bake, set temperature to 350° and set timer to 50 minutes. Bake until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Eric’s Tip: Advance your culinary skills and use simple physics to impress your friends and family. With an egg in each hand, crack one egg by hitting it against the other. Like magic, the second egg won’t break. Use your fingers to split open the eggshell. Pour the yolk and egg white into a bowl. Crack the final egg against the countertop.