Dutch Oven Bread
MAKES 1 LOAF
6 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for handling dough
1 tbsp. salt
2 tsp. active dry yeast
2 tbsp. sugar
3 cups water, warm
1. Combine the flour, salt, yeast, and sugar in a bowl and whisk well. 2. Add the water to the bowl and mix until fully absorbed. The dough will be sticky.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let proof at room temperature for at least 12 hrs. (up to 24 hrs.).
4. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450° F/230° C.
5. Place the Wonder Cooker in the oven for 30 mins.
6. While the Wonder Cooker heats up in the oven, turn out the dough onto a counter that has been generously coated with flour.
7. Flatten the dough into a rectangle. Roll the dough, long ways, by hand to form a log. Tuck the edges and shape the dough into an oval loaf.
8. Carefully remove the Wonder Cooker from the oven.
9. Place the loaf onto the Grill Pan and cover with the Roaster Pan to form the Dutch Oven.
10. Place the Dutch Oven in the oven and bake at 450° F/230° C for 45 mins.
11. Remove the Roaster Pan and bake at 450° F/230° C for an additional 15 mins.
12. Cool before serving.
Eric’s Tip: This bread recipe is all purpose. You can roll brown sugar, cinnamon, and raisins for a sweet treat or roll sliced pepperoni and provolone to go with your spaghetti and meatballs.