Eric’s Italian Meatballs
4 lb. ground beef
1 cup breadcrumbs
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 small onion, peeled & quartered
1⁄2 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
3 tbsp. milk
1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped 1⁄2 cup olive oil
8 cups crushed tomatoes
1 small onion, peeled & chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
1 tsp. sea salt
1⁄2 tsp. black pepper, ground 1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. sugar
20 basil leaves
1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl.
2. Add olive oil to Casserole Pan. Heat on the stovetop to 350° F.
3. Form ground beef mixture into meatballs. Fry carefully in the olive oil.
4. Cook meatballs to desired doneness & set aside.
1. Drain any leftover oil out of the Casserole Pan. Place the pan back on the stovetop on medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
2. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and sugar. Stir. Add meatballs to the sauce. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Stir in basil and parsley before serving over pasta.