Eric’s Tip: Try this dish served over some air-fried pineapple slices. Brush fresh, sliced pineapple with a little olive oil. Air-fry for 2-3 minutes until warm.
Top pineapple slices with the Malibu Chicken.
Eric’s Malibu Chicken
- 1 chicken breast, split in half salt and pepper, to season chicken
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrum
- vegetable oil, spray
- 2 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- salsa, optional
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk together the egg and milk.
3. Toss chicken in flour to coat. Shake off excess flour.
4. Dip chicken into the egg mixture. Allow any excess to drip off.
5. Toss chicken in the breadcrumbs to coat.
6. Preheat the Air Fryer to 400º F for 2 minutes.
7. Place the breaded chicken into the Fry Basket. Spray or brush lightly with vegetable oil.
8. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn halfway through cooking cycle.
9. When 1 minute remains, top each piece of chicken with 1 slice of ham and 2 slices of Swiss cheese. Secure with toothpicks. Cook for remaining minute to melt cheese.
10. Make honey mustard sauce: whisk Dijon mustard, honey, mayonnaise, water, and chopped parsley until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Remove toothpicks from chicken breast. Serve with salsa or honey mustard sauce drizzled on top.