Eric’s Spicy BBQ Ribs
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. coriander
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. paprika
1⁄2 tbsp. ground black pepper
3 full racks baby back ribs, cut in half
3 tbsp. canola oil
1 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 7-oz can chipotle peppers in sauce
1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
3⁄4 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
1⁄2 cup molasses
2 cups enchilada sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F/150° C.
2. Combine all the rub ingredients in a bowl. Coat both sides of the ribs with the rub.
3. Place 3 half racks of ribs on the Wonder Cooker’s Grill Pan and 3 half racks of ribs in the Roaster Pan.
4. Place both Pans in the oven and cook at 300° F/150° C for 5 hrs.
5. Place all the ribs in the Grill Pan. Reserve the ribs in the Grill Pan.
6. Place the Roaster Pan on the stove top. Heat the canola oil over medium heat and then sweat the onion and red pepper.
7. Add the onion, red pepper, garlic, chipotle peppers, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, mustard, molasses, and enchilada sauce and cook for 20 mins to complete the BBQ sauce. Toss the ribs with the BBQ sauce.
8. Clean the excess sauce out of the Roaster Pan and move 3 half racks of ribs to the Roaster Pan.
9. Transfer both Pans to the oven and cook at 300° F/150° C for 15 mins.
Eric’s Tip: This recipe also works well with a boneless pork shoulder if ribs are not available.