French Onion Soup
10 onions, sliced
1 stick butter
2 bay leaves
5 sprigs thyme
10 cups brown stock
3⁄4 cup brandy
16 slices of French bread, toasted
24 slices Gruyère cheese
1. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Sweat the onions in the butter over medium-low heat until the onions are caramelized.
2. Add the bay leaves, thyme, brown stock, and brandy.
3. Let simmer for about 40 mins.
4. Turn the broiler on high.
5. Ladle the soup into onion soup crocks and top with the French bread and Gruyère cheese.
6. Transfer the Roaster Pan to the broiler and bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Eric’s Tip: I love to add another layer of flavor by making toasted garlic bread to melt under the cheese!