1 cup calamari rings & tentacles, raw
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1⁄2 cup marinara sauce, for serving
olive oil, spray
lemon wedges, for serving
fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. Mix flour and salt together. Toss with calamari to coat. Shake off any excess.
2. Set time and temperature to 11 minutes at 400o F.
3. Allow the AirFryer to preheat for 2 minutes.
4. Place coated calamari carefully inside the Fry Basket. Spray lightly with olive oil. Cook for remaining 9 minutes. Shake the Fry Basket occasionally for even cooking.
5. Serve with lemon wedges and warm marinara. Garnish with fresh parsley.
6. For an even crispier result, dip floured calamari into 1 beaten egg. Toss with breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess & continue with directions.
Eric’s Tip: For an interesting variation, try tossing the fried calamari with some roasted sweet cherry peppers & roasted long hots that have been marinated in a little olive oil. Toss in a few Kalamata olives, too!