4 chicken thighs
4 chicken legs
2 split chicken breasts, cut in half
1 qt. buttermilk
3 cups flour
3 tbsp. paprika
2 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
2 tbsp. onion powder
2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. cumin
1⁄2 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
2 qt. canola oil
- Soak the chicken in the buttermilk. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients except for canola oil in a pan. Set aside.
- Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat. Fill halfway with canola oil. Heat the oil to 365o F.
- Carefully place the fry basket into the Copper Chef.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and dip into the flour mix. Shake off excess and place into the hot oil carefully, in batches (3-4 pieces per batch). Caution: the oil will be HOT!
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and golden.
Eric’s Tip: Adding Louisiana-style hot sauce to the buttermilk marinade gives this a nice southern kick