Garlic & Sun-Dried Tomato Rolls
2 1⁄4-oz packets active dry yeast
1⁄2 cup water
2 cups milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 1⁄2 sticks butter, melted
9 1⁄2 cups flour
2 tsp. salt
1 3-oz bag sun-dried tomatoes, diced finely
2 sticks butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
1. Add the yeast and water to a mixer bowl. Reserve the yeast in the mixer bowl.
2. Add the milk, sugar, and 1 1⁄2 sticks melted butter in a separate bowl to make the milk mixture. Let cool.
3. Pour the flour and sun-dried tomatoes into the mixer bowl with the yeast.
4. Pour in the milk mixture and mix.
5. Mix in the eggs in one at a time and then mix in the salt until the dough is mixed.
6. Cover the dough and reserve in a warm area. Let rise until the dough doubles in size (about 1 hr.).
7. Divide the dough into 30 pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
8. Divide the dough balls evenly between the Wonder Cooker’s Grill Pan and the Roaster Pan.
9. Cover loosely with plastic and let rise again in a warm area (about 30 mins.).
10. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
11. Place both Pans in the oven and cook at 350° F/175° C until lightly golden.
12. Place a saucepot on the oven. Melt the garlic and butter over medium-high heat until the butter is toasted.
13. Pour the butter over the rolls before serving.
Eric’s Tip: I love to pair these rolls with my Nonna’s meatballs for Italian sliders – just add sharp provolone.