Garlic Truffle Fries
3 Idaho potatoes, peeled & cut into French fries
1 bowl ice water
1 tbsp. granulated garlic
3 tbsp. truffle oil
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 qt. canola oil
- Place cut potatoes into the bowl of ice water. Place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat and fill halfway with canola oil. Heat the oil to 365o F.
- Carefully place the fry basket into the Copper Chef.
- Remove the fries from the water and dry. Place a handful of fries in the basket at a time. Slowly and carefully drop the fries into the oil and cook for 3 minutes to blanch them. Remove the fries and set aside until all the fries are blanched.
- Place a handful at a time of the blanched fries back into the basket. Cook until golden.
- Before serving, toss the cooked fries with the granulated garlic, truffle oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
Eric’s Tip: One of my absolute favorite things in this world is eating these fries topped with a homemade Hollandaise sauce. A local restaurant I go to lists them on the menu as “Sexy Fries.”