6 cups diced potatoes, blanched (or frozen hash browns)
water, to boil potatoes
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
24 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp. basil
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. paprika
1 lb. ham steak, diced
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded, split into 2 batches
1 cup parsley, chopped, 1⁄4 cup reserved for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350o F.
- Add the potatoes to the Copper Chef. Cover with water. Bring the potatoes to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain. Set potatoes aside in a separate bowl. (Skip this step if using frozen potatoes.)
- Heat the Copper Chef on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil. Sauté the onions, basil, onion powder, paprika, and parsley for about 5 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the ham. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes. Stir well. Add the eggs, heavy cream, and half of the cheddar cheese. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place in the oven for 2 hours or until done.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Cover with lid to let the cheese melt.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Eric’s Tip: I love heating up the leftovers the next morning wrapped in a tortilla with fresh salsa.