Ginger & Dried Cherry Sticky Buns
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
3⁄4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. honey
zest of 1⁄2 orange
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 1⁄2 cups dried cherries
1 egg, whisked
3 tbsp. orange juice
1 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. grated ginger
1⁄4 cup chopped candied ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove top. Melt the butter over medium- high heat and then stir in the brown sugar, cream, honey, and orange zest to make the sugar mixture.
3. Raise the heat to bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer for 3 mins.
4. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix.
5. Roll the crescent roll dough into a 1⁄4 in.-thick rectangle. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mix in an even layer over the dough and top with the dried cherries, leaving a 1-in. strip clear along the top side of the dough.
6. Brush the strip with the whisked egg and then tightly roll the dough from the bottom toward the top to form a log.
7. Pour the sugar mixture into the Wonder Cooker’s Grill Pan.
8. Cut the dough log into 16 even pieces and line the Grill Pan with the pieces, cut side down, in even rows. Brush with the whisked egg.
9. Place the Grill Pan in the oven and bake at 350° F/175° C for 40 mins. Remove the buns from the oven and let cool for 5 mins.
10. Brush the buns with the remaining sugar mixture from the saucepan.
11. Combine the glaze ingredients in a separate bowl and then drizzle over the top of the buns.
12. Top with the candied ginger.
Eric’s Tip: I love taking day-old sticky buns, slicing them in half, and cooking them French toast style for an awesome brunch treat