Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
Ingredients 16-20 ounces frozen, refrigerated, or dried gnocchi 12 ounces asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths 1 tablespoon olive oil 4 links Italian chicken sausage, sliced 1/4 cup butter 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved Salt and pepper to taste Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Salt a pot of boiling water and boil gnocchi according to the package directions. Add the asparagus to the boiling water in the last minute of cooking time to lightly pre-boil. Reserve at least 1 cup of cooking liquid before draining.
2. As the gnocchi and asparagus is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned.
3. Stir in butter, onions, cooked gnocchi, and asparagus and sauté until gnocchi begins to brown.
4. Stir in 1/4 cup of the gnocchi cooking liquid, sage, and tomatoes and continue cooking for 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat and stir in additional cooking liquid until you have a very light sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving topped with grated Parmesan cheese.