Grilled Banana Split Sundae
2 tsp. sugar
8 oz. strawberries
8 oz. pineapple rounds
1/4 cup light brown sugar
4 bananas, halved lengthwise
vanilla ice cream
chocolate ice cream chocolate sauce
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
1. Grill strawberries, pineapple, and banana halves to desired doneness. Set aside.
2. Strawberry sauce: in a small saucepan, combine the grilled strawberries with sugar. Cook until sugar is dissolved and strawberries are blended.
3. Pineapple sauce: in a separate saucepan, combine the grilled pineapples with light brown sugar. Cook until sugar is dissolved and pineapples are blended.
4. Assemble the sundae: line a dish with grilled bananas.
Top with 3 scoops vanilla and / or chocolate ice cream and fruit sauces.
5. Sprinkle with peanuts. Top with chocolate sauce and whipped cream before serving.
Eric’s Tip: I love using this grilled fruit sauce to flavor my margaritas!