Grilled Cowboy Steak with Eric’s herb Salt Rub
Eric’s Herb Salt Rub
1 cup course ground sea salt
2 tbsp. black peppercorns
3 sprigs rosemary
4 sprigs thyme
1 sprig sage
2 sprigs tarragon
1 clove garlic, peeled
2 lb. cowboy steak (bone-in, rib eye, trimmed)
1. Remove stems from all of the herbs. Blend salt rub ingredients together in a blender.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Rub the steak with 1/2 tbsp. salt rub on each side. Any remaining rub can be kept in a sealed container and used for meat or fish.
4. Grill steak on each side for 7 minutes.
5. Put the Grill Pan into the oven. Cook steak to desired temperature.
6. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Eric’s Tip: While the steak is resting on a separate plate, degrease the pan then deglaze with 1 cup of white wine and reduce. Remove the pan from the heat and swirl in 2 tablespoons of butter for some awesome sauce!