Ham, Spinach & Caramelized Onion Frittata
4 tbsp. butter, melted, divided
1 onion, sliced thinly
1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp. flour
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
1⁄4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
2 lb tater tots
14 oz ham, diced
3 cups spinach, chopped
14 oz fontina cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F/175° C.
2. Place the Wonder Cooker’s Roaster Pan on the stove top. Melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium-high heat and then sauté the onions until brown. Remove and reserve the onions.
3. Add the eggs, heavy cream, flour, salt, ground black pepper, ground cayenne pepper, and 3 tbsp. melted butter to a bowl and whisk together to make the egg mixture.
4. Layer the tater tots in the bottom of the Roaster Pan and then top with the ham, spinach, and fontina cheese.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the Roaster Pan and sprinkle the onions over the top.
6. Place the Roaster Pan in the oven and bake at 350° F/175° C for 1–1 1⁄4 hrs.
Eric’s Tip: Caramelizing the onion will not only give a great depth of flavor but also prevent the frittata from getting watered down when the onions cook.