Hot & Sweet Sausage and Peppers
4 tbsp. olive oil
11⁄2 lb. sweet sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
11⁄2 lb. hot sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
10 sweet mini peppers, assorted colors
2 Italian long hot peppers, sliced
2 onions, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Place the Copper Chef on high heat. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Sear all of the sweet and hot sausage.
- Cover and lower heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Add the rest of the olive oil. Sauté the mini peppers, onions, tomato paste, herbs, salt, and black pepper on high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the sausage, then return it to the Copper Chef with the peppers and onions. Cook for 10 additional minutes on low heat before serving.
Eric’s Tip: You can also make a lighter version using poultry sausage. I love this served over rice or pasta. This also makes a delicious sandwich on ciabatta with sharp provolone